Thursday, May 31, 2012

Some family pictures

These are pictures of my mother's family, the Sherricks of Scottdale, Pennsylvania.

 My mother, then Bonnie Sherrick, right, and her older sister, my Aunt Bib (both now deceased). 
Taken in 1924.

 Five Sherrick siblings (Aunt Bib is in the back with her head cut off) and their maternal (Bryar) grandparents. Another one from 1924.

 This is my Aunt Nancy, taken around 1925. It's one of my favorite pictures of her. 
She was a character, as you can tell from this!

 Sherrick family, 1938. From left, Jacob and Emma (my maternal grandparents), Ed, Dick, Bib, Nancy, and Bonnie (my mother).

 My mother's college graduation picture, 1940. She went to West Virginia Wesleyan College. First woman in her family to get a college degree. This is probably my favorite picture of her.

This is my mother and father (before they were married). December 1941, probably shortly after Pearl Harbor.

 Another one of my parents pre-marriage. I think it's from 1942.

 My mother as a school teacher in Berea, Ohio, in April 1942.

 Here's my mother (right) with a friend and the friend's baby ("Joey") 
in Coral Gables, Florida, in 1943.

 Mother (second from left, with white turban) with her crew in 1944. 
Probably in Fort Myers, Florida.

 Here's my cousin Sue Cashion (now Sue Heizer), Aunt Bib's daughter, in 1946.

Here's a pretty outrageous picture of Aunt Nancy! It's undated, probably sometime in the 1940s.

No comments:

Post a Comment