Thursday, February 11, 2016

Dorothea Lange

Siler City, North Carolina. Wagons pulled up in field 
one block away from the main street. July 1939
  
Sorghum mill near New Carthage, Mississippi, August 1938
  
 Striking cotton pickers talk it over. The strike is failing. Kern County, California. "I don't care - Let them throw me in jail. There's somebody will take my place" November 1938
  
Texas tenant farmer to migrant pea picker in California. "I never have wrote back home and told my folks we live in a tent. I've wrote that we're well, and such as that, but I never have wrote that we live in a tent." March 1937
 
 The older brother teaches the younger on a farm 
in the Piedmont, North Carolina, 1936
  
 Tobacco sharecropper's daughter getting eggs from hen's nest in the henhouse. Enclosure for the pig is just beyond under the pine trees. Person County, North Carolina, July 1939
  
Tom Collins, manager of Kern migrant camp, with 
drought refugee family. California, November 1936

No comments:

Post a Comment